Updated July 9, 2021
ICAN is committed to protecting the privacy and accuracy of confidential information to the extent possible, subject to provisions of state and federal law. Other than as required by laws that guarantee public access to certain types of information, or in response to subpoenas or other legal instruments that authorize access, personal information is not actively shared. In particular, we do not re-distribute or sell personal information collected on our web servers.
ICAN servers collect the following analytics:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of computer being used
- Web pages requested
- Referring web page
- Browser used
- Date and time
- User flow
- Heat maps of user scrolling or cursor movements
ICAN does not associate this data to individual user identities.
ICAN uses FormAssembly WordPress plugin for its program and event registration. These forms require users to give contact and professional information which is is used only to send material relating to the purpose for which it was collected and will not be sold to another party.
User Interface Recordings
ICAN uses Hotjar.com to collect, examine and record randomized user interactions on the site. ICAN does not associate this data to individual user identities.
Use of Collected Information
- ICAN will only use personal information collected from this site for the purpose of communication back to individuals who contact us via the site.
- ICAN uses browser-IP-address information and anonymous-browser history to report information about site accesses and for profiling purposes. This information is used to improve Web presentation and utilization.
Distribution of Collected Information
- ICAN will not disclose, without your consent, personal information collected about you, except for certain explicit circumstances in which disclosure is required by law.
- ICAN will not distribute or sell personal information to third-party organizations.
Privacy Statement Revisions
This Privacy Statement was last revised on July 9, 2021. We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement each time you visit the website.
Responsibility for External Sites
This website may contain links to other websites. Some of those websites may be operated by third parties. We provide the links for your convenience, but we do not review, control or monitor the privacy practices of websites operated by others.
We are not responsible for the performance of websites operated by third parties or for your business dealings with them. Therefore, whenever you leave this website, we recommend that you review each website’s privacy practices and make your own conclusions regarding the adequacy of these practices.
All photography seen on this site has been collected either with the persons direct consent or is covered under the photo release clause included in all ICAN event registration applications. Stock and other photography and video is attributed to the following page.
If you have any concerns or would like your photo removed from this site, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and include the page url and image description.